Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oxytocin Overload

Time to force-feed you pictures of my baby cousins again. :)

Kaixuan. She kinda sorta burst into tears after I took this one.


Jack2! So darned cute. Sadly demoted to 2nd-favourite baby now. =PP


Okay not babies but my cousins anyway.
These two are first in line to give me my first nephews and nieces to mollycoddle. :D



Tsk. Where the heck are *my* skinny genes!!! *whine*

And finally...

The one Ongy2's been waiting for.

MEGAN!!!

Omigosh so gosh darn adorable how can you resist *squee!!!*


Her ultra-protective Tai Yee shielding her from the relentless paparazzi.


A CNY picture I dug up. Too cute not to put up. =3


"Cheeeeees"

**font size denotes volume.

Little snippets of heart-melting behaviour. :)

Story 1:

(while building a Lego box)

Me: Let's build a house for the kitty, shall we? Here, push the block in. Like this.
Megan: I PUSHHHH!! Unnghh!

She's so smart, when I tell her there ain't enough pieces for the kitty's roof she goes to the toy box and gets more Lego pieces!! Omigawd so cute I tell you.

Story 2:

(fireworks boom outside)

Megan: *looks around with HUGEEE eyes*
Me: Ooh! Fireworks, Megan, fireworks! Shall we go see? C'mon, let's go! *carries her*
Megan: *doesn't resist*
Me: *euphoria*

Story 2.2:

(outside, looking at fireworks)

Me: Oooh look Megan, isn't it pretty? Wow... So pretty!

*BOOM!!*

Me: Oh it's pretty loud, isn't it. Cover your ears, Megan, cover... Like this...
Megan: WOW!!! *stares, smiling, mouth wide open in wonder*

(fireworks finish)

Megan: YAY!!! *claps and wiggles enthusiastically*

Story 3:

Uncle SeeJin: Xuan, come on, time to go home.
Megan: *quietly pretends not to hear, continues playing with little toy car* (the same toy car that was stuck in Khim's hair a while back)
Uncle SeeJin: Nah, Daddy go without you one ar.
SiaoAun Kgu2: Bye Xuanie! We're leaving hor!
Megan: *turns around, waves happily* Orh. Bye!!!

Story 3.3:

Uncle SeeJin: *carries her* Come on, Xuan, time to go.
Megan: *frustrated whine*
Uncle SeeJin: *puts her back down* Come, time to go home. Give the car back to Jyeh2, go.
Megan: *pouts* I. Don't. Want. *looks down*
Me: Come, Megan... Jyeh2 keep for you, okay? I'll give it to you when I see you tomorrow, kay?
Megan: *hands over the toy*
Uncle SeeJin: Good girl. *carries her*
Megan: *begins to cry*

The next day at the dinner I approached her again but she didn't recognise me! T.T


Me: All my hard work. *sighs*
Uncle SeeJin: Why?
Me: She forgot me liao!
Uncle SeeJin: So fast? Nolah yesterday so happy playing for so long? She went home thinking about the car you know!
Me: Weallyy?? =3


In the end I managed to get her to remember me by playing this silly game I taught her the day before:


Me: Megan, where's the ribbon? (we were playing with streamers)
Megan: *hides ribbon behind back*
Me: Omigosh, it's losted (don't say I'm teaching babies bad English hor!)... Where could it be? *pretends to look upset*
Megan: *brandishes the ribbon* Taa! (I taught her "ta-daah" but it's close enough. :))
Me: Oh you had it all along! Naughty girl hah you! *tickles her*
Megan: *bubbly laughter*


OHMYGAWD the SMILE.



Shin Yit always gets the babies. *pout*
He was babysitting Chloe, Jack2 and Megan - all at one go! Geng-ness.


I only got to babysit Chloe and Megan... They were playing with streamers on a table and having a little baby argument on who gets more pink streamers. =3

One or the other was about to fall off the chair every 10 seconds so rest assured I burnt a lotta calories that night.

Omg Ongy she was so very very cute! She was running about twirling streamers and she can talk so well now!


Me: Ooh, Megan, Megan see? *points to wall* There also got ribbon leh! Just like the one you're holding! (she didn't allow me to paopao yet) Wanna go see?
Megan: *looks, stretches out arms* I want... I want to tahsh. *smiles shyly*


SCORE!

She cried again when her Dad told her it was time to go home. :D

What? Very ego boosting ya know. Dang these oxytocins!! :DDD

isn't it great to have no Ong Shir Lynn around as Megan competition


***


Justin's response to: "Are you a pretty girl?" XD

...


PS: If you smell baby/cousin favouritism... yeah yeah guilty as charged. =PP

PPS: Yes, I am aware I sound like quite the moron when I'm talking to babies. Thank God you weren't there to witness it. =)


8 comments:

JEEN said...

megan is so cute!! :D and i am doing bac of commerce (accounting and finance by the way). i dont know how i ended up doing accounting but i dont really have any other choice

-:-Jackie-:- said...

isnt she. =3

omigosh you're gonna be my pesaing!
dibs on pricewaterhouse! lol

aww its not that bad...
you were like, the bestest in accounts class.
saved both me and irene, rmb? XD

JEEN said...

hahaha. i was the bestest in accounts class? bila masa did that happen? i dont know what to study, seriously. or should i consider taking law and puke words every day?

-:-Jackie-:- said...

you dont know what to study?

yay! i am not alone!

but yeah, its about time to decide hor.

i dont know, really.
i picked accounts too cos i figured the pay of a chartered accountant would finance my silly childish dreams. :)

JEEN said...

huh? what are your exact plans after alevels? isnt it law? lol lol. i think its better to leave comments here than to flood my blog with it. anyway, throw a party for me! i will remember you forever. xD

-:-Jackie-:- said...

wow u got offer letters!!
*belasahs self*

umm exact plans?
after last CIE paper, 6 months of work somewhere, then in january 2010 masuk HELP.

the plan's open to changes haha.

JEEN said...

what course are you doing? why must wait so long? zzz dont you have july or september intake to go?

-:-Jackie-:- said...

bachelors lor. accounting also.

omg cant believe i didnt see you reply. sowiee! use the cbox lah!

urm, i think i might need a break (3 YEARS NO HOLIDAY ZOMG *twitch*), and time to really think it over. the last time i dived in headfirst :S

anyhoo the 6 mths can help with my first sem. :)