Monday, June 22, 2009

*wheeze*

Notice how many of my recent posts start with "OMG" or "Omigosh" or "Oh my gawd".

This one is no different.

SWEET LORD JESUS CHRIST.

I went there like at 10.20 when the thing was at 11.00 so I hid in the bathroom adjusting concealer (why cannot cover the damn panda eyes one ar) and the lipcolor (omg cannot be so pink one!!) and my shirt (dammit feel so weird lor. shirt inside out. but that's style gua?) until about 10.35 then I went to find the place and then the girl there said she wasn't there yet so I went and stared across Robinsons' for about ten minutes before going up again - and there she was.

Funny, she's a lot realer in well, real life and she's actually pretty okay and friendly and accommodating for someone who's about to be my new boss. She kept asking me if I was nervous (was it that obvious? haha :P) and the other girl asked if I wanted water and I'm so glad I printed out a copy of my CV this morning hahah reasonable foreseeability I love you!

Well anyways I guess I was way tense as usual, (sigh) but she was very understanding and kept pushing the conversation (if I ever have another hour-long interview I will DIE.) asking me where I went to coll (they kept saying I went to Taylors hahahah) and what plans I have for the future and stuff (does that really have to do with anything?) but when she told me "Don't worry, you've got the job." I just let out this huge sigh of relief and well, she sorta told me I don't have to act like I have a stick up my arse all the time. x)

Anyhoo. Mental note to myself, stuff I have to do:

  • Learn how to speak SOME Cantonese (super requirement it seems)
  • Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator (OMG.)
  • Get a new and more relevant (and less childish) e-mail address
  • Find out what the heck a "newsletter" actually is
  • Expand my vocabulary beyond uh/ah/erm/emm/alright/okay/sure/okay/yeah/no/okay/hahah/okay
Anyhoo the only thing I have to bring is myself! And Larry. And I get the first shift! Ain't it awesome.


And I guess it's pretty cool I have only two DON'Ts:

  • Don't dress like a slut!
  • No sports shoes! (crime committed ahahah)

Well! Ohmigod that hour was like a whirlwind for me. She said some weird things, I said some weird things, but all's good I guess. =)

I did get a warning about potential encounters with difficult people... Strangely they all sound like my Ma. XD

Oh I got a bunch of blush-inducing remarks (but that's just me: I perasan ma.) to go with how I should better write future resumes (I looked at someone else's 3-page one; I only filled up 3/4 page... that one also double spacing hahah) and stuff.

Hahah yay it feels so good to babble it just lets it all out. =)

Now that my heart's run a marathon today, it's time to get some well deserved rest. Night-o~


***


Sylvea's office is like the most massive, awesome thing I've ever seen.

And I don't steal Rupiah lor okay. =P



PS: Thank you, God, for everything, and yes, as promised, I will do some charity work (preferably cleaning of some kind) this weekend. =)

3 comments:

ainnnnnnnnnn! :) said...

omg! congrats yo! :D:D you don't have to worry so much now! lol. XDXD

Alana said...

I TOLD YOU!

-:-Jackie-:- said...

(ain)
yesh. well, kind of. now hafta worry about other things. hahah


(alana)
what DID you tell me? *grins sheepishly*