Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Day of WERK.

I'm pooped.

I arrived too early (silly me... no key come early for what... teman security guard) and watched the proceedings of opening shop (which I will have to do on Saturday), unlocking the grille, turning on the switches, the Mac, the cash register, tidying up the place, entering new stock for the day, etc.

I realized there's more to do with admin work than actually selling... Which recently about twelve hours ago I discovered I suck at. *cry*

But my Boss Lady is real nice, she tells me what I'm doing wrong and what I should do instead without making me feel like I killed her mother. Which is how I usually feel since I'm pretty darn sensitive. :)

Today was like a whole crash course; I guess I'm actually writing this post to rewind and stuff.

I seriously don't know how I'll fare on Saturday, when Aida and Nicole aren't there!! E-mails and calls and scheduling and filing and crud... The concept of which I have yet to grasp. :S

I guess the best part of this is that I get to be a dork here, with the most competent, patient young people I have ever met, instead of being a dork at, say, PWC? (imagining myself there already hahah :P) There's a learning curve, and although everything's a little overwhelming at the moment, I can't be more thankful that it's in a pretty much complacent-er environment like The Gardens, and that the store's still pretty much in its infancy so I get to see its, um, development? I guess? Hahah.

Ooh but there's one thing I'm gonna hafta discuss with them... I most definitely have to run at 6, 'cause today I stayed in just half an hour later, and got lost just another half hour more... so I just came home at 9.30pm. Twelve hours of standing. (well, almost) Can die. And I hate ladies' shoes. Hate them hate them hate them. With a vengeance. Why can't we have comfy sports shoes =(

Anyhoo, much thanks to Cathy and Tracy *kissus your toesies* for their awesomeness and patience with the Ultimate Sotong of the Century (yours truly) and helping said Sotong to discover the right way back to Pasar Seni. :) You guys rock so hard. :)


***


Ooh guess what! I saw Mr. Gerrard at the store today! (I knew I'd recognise that booty anywhere! lol don't tell.) He was mean. He didn't buy nothin'. *pout*

But I saw him with Alana's Common Law lecturer!! They are adorables. :3 I didn't know she was his chick.


***


Oh yeah come visit us yeah! Buy our cuppies! Buy our brownies! Buy our Sins! Our truffles! Our Pots! Our cookies! Our layer cake! My awesome service! (ooh that came out wrong. XD)


***


We get like, loads of married/engaged/happily in love and planning a whole year ahead of the big day people asking for the big jobs.

I never knew there were so many happily married people traipsing through The Gardens alone. o.0

...I have a feeling this job is gonna leave me somewhat depressed. When's MY man gonna spend $5000 on cupcakes just for thank-you-for-coming gifts for MY wedding?!?!

Hmph. Leehombaby better cough up the green. Or else.

2 comments:

Alana said...

OMG YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LAUGHED AT THE PASSAGE WITH MY NAME ON IT

will tell you why when i see you XD

(where's your workplace again dear?)

Alana said...

okay nemind. I know now.

SO COOL!