Sunday, April 12, 2009

Girls' Day Out

Like the rest of my kakis I was too pooped to blog immediately about the outing.

(In fact I woke up at 3pm today! New record woot!)

But then again I am forgiven since post-KL sickness is an officially recognized disease.

Plus walking in kik-kok soos for... *counts* TWELVE AND A HALF hours really kills.

But here I am! Alive and well, after Kgung2's birthday dinner (of which I have no pictures of because, well, it was rainy and crowded and pretty much uneventful).

Nah, kidding. Here's one of Yenn2. :)


And so my rant begins.

At 8.30 it was announced over the PA that the KTM was gonna be delayed (ooh surprise surprise) so I stood about for nearly half an hour in said kik-kok soos, and I thought I saw a couple of juniors (Caroline? Esther?) but I wasn't sure... But if it was them I sure felt a little... Okay lah I was worried as heck, these small babies come out on their own, with zero parental supervision, all girls summore, with one skinny little China boy with them, if they kanna snatch-thieved then how, HOW, you tell me?! Okay I am aware that I am but a year, if not a mere couple of months older, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be concerned! I mean, kanna molested no fun one you know? Unless the fella resembles Haru or something. If it were up to me they would have to be chaperoned everywhere they go until they turn 33. Hmph.

Anyhoo. I reached MV and the entrance was under upgrade work, so the floor was uneven... And well, I tripped. But I assure you that I tripped with STYLE.

Then we met up at Mickey D's (why does my life constantly revolve around McD's? I should be given customer loyalty points or something) and had those 1-buck sundae cones, and after seeing the size of them I'm convinced the McD's in Petaling is under strict instruction to rip us and the farangs off as much as possible. *grumble grumble*

Anyhoo, we were in the midst of blowing some wind about (no, it wasn't a farting contest... I just feel that the "G" word is a bit... dirty and sin-ish. Calling it by another name makes me feel better. ^^) when some guy (Adrian, I think) asked us to donate like 10 bucks for 4 days' worth of care for a spastic kid... Basically after his fastforwarded memorised little speech I just told him I wasn't interested (I had to jadi bad guy because the girls were too polite) and he said thanks and turned away... my sundae didn't taste quite as yummy as it was before I decided to neglect my social responsibility to contribute to the care of some poor, suffering child.

Bah, humbug! (..and the Grinch's heart shrank two sizes that day.)

Anyhoo the plan was to have a movie marathon, which totalled up to RM24, *coughbleedingfartingexpensivecough* and the first one was Shinjuku Incident. Quadruple date with Dannyboy yay!

Unfortunately.

I was pretty much disappointed, because it was the biggest Jackie Chan vanity project I have ever had the misfortune to pay 12 bucks for; beyond the one 3-minute scene where Dannyboy was bathing, we didn't get to see a lot of him in his nude, sexyfine glory. In fact, there were more shots of that bathroom scene with Uncle Jackie nude instead. Nakedsixtyyearoldman *barf* Protege was so much better. XP

I know the director was some dude named Derek Yee, but seeing as to Uncle Jack's the producer, I'll bet my balls he had quite a substantial say in it.

Evidence: Jackie Chan plays some immigrant from the mainland named Tietou (Steelhead, which would have been a very cool character name in like what, the 80s?) who has some hot chick girlfriend named Xiu Xiu, who, despite being I dunno, three decades younger, picks him as her lover because the whole of China got no one more attractive and irresistable than Jackie Chan.

Anyhoo the story is that she goes to Japan or something so this lovesick 60-year-old puppy goes there to look for her.

He then meets a very cute afro'd Daniel Wu, and um, blahblahblah we discover that XX is married to this yakuza guy named Eguchi (a seriously smokin' 40-something Kato Masaya) and um, somehow he earns his trust and he gets to control this area called Shinjuku.

Vanity enough for you?

Oh you don't know the half of it.

He makes sure that the ultra-adorable Jie (Dannyboy) is tortured and scarred beyond recognition using unreasonably violent and gory means. "Tai leyy sei ah, kgom leng zai!" seemed to be brewing in his mind when they decided that Jie should have his faced carved a la Naruto and have his right hand teppanyaki-ed in a chestnut roaster and finally having it dismembered using the metal stirrer. (ideas for your novel, Alana?)

Jie, emotionally tormented, suddenly decides to turn ultra-mega-super-mutatedly lala, wearing black lipstick, foundation 113 shades too light, disastrously-applied black eyeshadow and a silver puffy wig, with the single, admirable life ambition of snorting coke. And then... He dies.

Seriously. After much whining, whimpering and soiling his pants. *sigh* Danny-baby, choose more self-promoting roles can? This is about the most unattractive character you've played yet *twitch*

Eguchi's fate is none the better, as he is quickly eliminated with a couple of gunshots.

Seriously, we couldn't enjoy the movie for Danny (unbelievable, but true) or Kato, and there were no awesome flashy kung-fu fight scenes, just bats and guns and parangs. -.-"

I hereby appeal to you: save your twelve bucks and watch something else, like He's Just Not That Into You or something. Anything.

The next movie was Fast and Furious (subtitled as Pantas dan Garang. For real.), and we shamelessly smuggled our lunch in, given the narrow time frame we had in between the two. I guess we were pretty pooped so somehow I got the impression that it wasn't as engaging. Plus they killed Michy Rodriguez about ten minutes into the show. What lah, I liked her man. Also Vin Diesel had smaller, floppier-looking muscles compared to his Riddick days and had over the years acquired Bruce Willis-y smile lines. Paul Walker was also scruffier, but them eyes were still as swoonworthy. Heck, if more cops looked like him I'd kanna arrested every day. *wiggles eyebrows* :D

After it was all over we traipsed over to F.O.S to send Cathy off, where she tried to pimp her brother off on us, but we were nice and well-behaved and very ethical, so he escaped unscathed.

After my short modelling career with Victoria's Secret, Sylvea headed home and I accompanied Sue Peng to get dinner and saw this!

Ranma fishcakes! Who knew they actually existed!
(the characters translate as "fish biscuit" methinks)

Then Mom and Dad and Pupu arrived, and they stayed even longer, despite my feets killing me. Oh wait, that's not true. I went back to F.O.S and got some new tanks (four for RM32 can you believe it?!) before reaching home at around what, 9?

Yep you will not believe the size of my blisters. Sneakers are my friends. Sneakers are my friends. Oh yes sneakers are my friends...

But overall it was pretty fun, haven't had an outing in ages. (socially dead, you see) Next trip mustmustMUST involve more jackarsery! ;D

***

You know the only reason people are afraid to be close to you is because you are too afraid to let anyone in.

Chillax. :)

3 comments:

Alana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alana said...

hhmm. dismembering of limbs by kitchen utensils. It has promise.

i knew those existed :D (the ranma fishcakes i mean) i was delighted too!

omg how nice y'all went out together. wish i coulda tagged along :(

-:-Jackie-:- said...

aww i would have asked you to come along but asking you to sit through a feature-length mando muvee seemed a tad unfair.. :S

lain kali, k? ;)

oh and did you know that that particular kind of ranma fishcake, the one with the swirly pink pattern on it, is actually called NARUTO kamaboko? awesomeness!