Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Baked Delights and Disasters

Okay!

After much procrastination and delay, I present to you...

CUPCAKEEESSS!!!!!!

I guess I can be best described as a very enthusiastic beginner,
so forgive me if they're not as pretty as they should be!!
(and yeah, I admit I'm the lousiest photographer in the world)

But anyhoo, moving on!!

First up!!

:: Buttercake Cupcakes ::


This was basically just a regular old buttercake recipe made into cupcakes. Topped with the most gorgeous-tasting Italian Meringue Buttercream, a smudge of royal icing and an M&M Crispy each!!

This had to be refrigerated and brought to room temp because of the cream, and was good for over a week.

God, I tell you, them jimmies took forever to put on!!

Altogether I made 88 cupcakes, started work at 10pm and finished around 7am. XD

Obviously we couldn't eat all of them, so we stuffed our neighbours and distributed them to my Mom's students over the week. :)

...

Oh, and on that day I made some petit fours (or at least ATTEMPTED to make) but I got fed up with working with the marshmallow fondant (which turned out great by the way) so I just gave up and arranged a single slice on top, which is basically just kerja malas. XD

I made about 40 royal icing roses (piping the damn things gave me bruises on my palm) and arranged them on top.

Unfortunately no pictures of them, as I was just too plain tired and lazy.



:: DEVIL'S FOOD CUPCAKE ::

After the buttercake cupcakes and petit fours episode I wanted to try out different cake recipes, and by the grace of God, I stumbled across Chockylit's Cupcake Bakeshop and tried out her recipe, which she had forewarned was slightly temperamental.

So imagine my joy when they turned out so well for me!!

teehee!

Do not underestimate this cupcake. Although undecorated, this is a wonderful chocolate cupcake recipe, and turned out to have a surprisingly delightful brownie-like texture. Honestly I have no idea what the other forumers were complaining about it not having enough chocolatey taste.
Bah, I say!!

These kept in an airtight container for a week.

I am particularly proud of these because I was forewarned that it was slightly temperamental, but after sweettalking these babies (nono I'm not crazy I tell you!) look how pretty they turned out! And I managed to make them chibi-sized!!

I plan on pairing this with some sort of mint frosting for Christmas. =D



::LEMON CREAM CHEESE CUPCAKES::

Bored of the same old rich-tasting cupcake recipes, I decided to try Amanda Lee of Singapore's tweaked version of this recipe.

And God bless Amanda.

These turned out very light and fluffy despite the cream cheese, and the extra lemon zest was wonderfully refreshing.

I thought it would be nice to have some Lavender Buttercream to go with it, so I made little roses on top.

Beside a 50sen coin to emphasize its chibiness. =))

But then we were running late to a dinner, so Mom asked me to hurryup and so kerja malas took place. Again.

Haha.

It really broke my heart when I refrigerated these (because of the cream) and they became virtually inedible after that; all dry and rock-hard. ='(

Oh well. At least this newbie now knows that different storage requirements exist. =S
(I am not blonde!! I just didn't know okay!)

eh. nobody said also..

SHADDUP! next hor!



:: Strawberry Shortcake Minis ::
(yeah I'm aware these AREN'T cupcakes, but I decided to include them anyway because they tasted so friggin' good. :))


I felt like making these after Euchern sent me the CuppyCake Song (Strawberry Shortcake) and I wouldn't stop playing it on loop. :)

This is one of my earlier projects and involved a lot of cheating, like simplifying the recipe to just strawberry sponge cake instead of the real stuff, and using cream from the can. XD

Hey, they tasted awesome. *shrug* Who says cetak rompak aint no good? =D

***

Speaking of Lian Eu Chern...

Cheers to my college bud (and smelly), who has turned 18 as of today (hide your kids!!!) and may you henceforth continue to spread love and joy and peace and rainbows and puppy-dogs to the world. :)


Camwhore.
(I still dig that shirt btw)


4 comments:

Alana said...

HOLY CRAP THAT'S A LOTTA CUPPIES XD


Lawl weren't you the one who said you were to lazy to make your own blog? wassup with that, man? :)

Alana said...

http://celesse.deviantart.com/

visit it. I think you'll like. :)

-:-Jackie-:- said...

use the cbox woman!!

anyhoo omg yeah i love her stuff!
and i got my banner off some chick in deviantart too, but only because she said i could. :)
such nice people there are in this world.

Alana said...

all those bunnies lol!! I love her. She's like a deviantart celeb.

really?? wow I'd be too scared to ask that of anyone. you so der brave wor.

and I do not WANT to use said cbox because it does not allow me to express what I am feeling because there are too little characters. :)