Friday, September 11, 2009

Gilerrr

Omigosh what a crazy day! But hopefully it'll be worth it! *fingers crossed* Hee!

Anywhoosers I've been obsessing over


1. translating.

I've been trying to work out Leehom's Chun Yu Li Xi Guo De Tai Yang... (he wrote it himself so maybe it isn't fancy schmancy Chinese.. gua!) the lyrics, their meanings, traditional/simplified versions of each word, "correct" pinyin... All individually typed, searched and squinted for in my trusty DianHua. I am killing myself. Two days, and six lines, and a garbled gist of what I think it means. Lol. Cathy help meeee!!! XD

Last time I had rasckita's subbed YouTube vids to help me but oh nooo... Somebody has to come up with this thing called copyright laws. *sniff*

(Somewhere, inside me, I am foolishly hoping beyond hope that when I finish translating the song I can finally read the first page of my Jimmy Liao book. Talk about biting off more than you can chew! Go ahead. Laugh. Meh.)


2. tickling the ivories!

Or at least doggedly attempting to.

Oh why oh why didn't I continue taking lessons. *whine* Lol. Well I learn now lor okay!

I love Joe Hisaishi's (damn I love ANYTHING he comes up with) Itsumo Nando Demo (Always With You) and Yiruma's (discovered serendipitously!) Kiss The Rain which I have been playing on loop on imeem for the past four hours. :D Isn't there something about a man and his piano. *sighs*

And so I discover my little Yamaha organ doesn't have enough octaves(?) to play the former and I can't bleeding read the sheet music for the latter. I'm not smart enough. Yet. :P

Won't someone get me a chantek Clavinova for Christmas? Please? Maybe I'll only play 3 songs a year on it but I'll appreciate it mucho.. Weally I will. :3


3. doodling!

I have crap days, then not-so-crap days.

I wonder if I'll ever draw anything resembling what it's supposed to be. :S

But it's okay. Picasso is famous. For what reason I will never fully understand. Why am I not famous?!! Lol.

Naw. It makes me happy to see a face peeking out of a sheet that was previously blank - I have a God complex I suppose. *shrug* Look, a Stick Man. :P

Next I shall attempt to draw Zuko nekkid firebending. Yeah.


***


I seriously don't know whether to love or hate imeem. *flips a coin*


***


PS: I really really like Shihlin Taiwan Street Snacks' Sweet Plum Potato Fries. Like a lot a lot. They're so goodddd *nomnomnom*

No comments: