Thursday, January 8, 2009

Overdue Post #2

I made it SNOW in Seremban.

See? That's my house right behind those trees..

Okay okay fine so that's a lie.

But that doesn't mean to say I'm not telling a half-truth.

Because I really did bring snow to (some of) the people of Seremban.

Know how most of us Malaysianos have wished for a classic "white Christmas"?

Yeah I was one of them.

So I decided to make snowflakes and give them to all the good little girls and boys!

Haha okay I made cake.


See? Toldja I was telling the truth. ;p

Packed in individual boxes to be delivered. =)

Altogether I made about 26 of these, I can't remember too accurately.

Originally there was double the number, but I screwed up the other cake. =(

The cake was soaked chocolate Victorian sponge, and layered with chocolate mint ganache and topped with more ganache. =)

Oh and I covered the top with marzipan as well, so it'd look neater when I cut it.

The snowflakes are just royal icing and edible glitter (RM32 from Wilton. Siao.), I still have a few left from the 41 I made. =)

All in all I think it took me like... 5 sleepless days' worth of effort? (hey I'm still pretty much an amateur) =P

This was my single most ambitious project ever... with loads of things gone wrong and huge compromises made. But I'm happy I managed to get it done and share my happiness with others. ^^

Remember the book I was so excited about getting a while back?

Helped me a bunch! And had the most stable sponge recipe I've ever tried. I abused the batter like heck and it still turned out beautiful!

Well I won't be having such huge projects for a while.

Not until CNY that is. *grins*

2 comments:

heuchler said...

OMG OMG OMG!! *SCREAMS IN PAIN* i missed these! argh!!

it still amazes me how you can bake amazing stuff like that but go horribly wrong with cooking. =S

-:-Jackie-:- said...

shaddup.
people trying k!!
and my neighbour's dog is getting really fat, if you catch my drift.
>.<